- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 40 milk chocolate M&M's, assorted colors
- Red decorating gel
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls into coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Place M&M's, plain side up, on top. Let stand until set. Use red gel to create "bloodshot" eyes. Yield: 40 pieces.
Reviews for Scary Eyeballs
"Instead of candy coating, I used vanilla ready to use frosting and it worked just perfect, that was what I had in hand and it was easier, faster and cleaner to use"
"I make these every year for our church bake sale, and they ALWAYS sell out! So easy and tasty."
"These are my favorite candy to make. I used Reese's Pieces instead of the M&M. I think that it adds to the peanut butter taste."
"I made these for my daughter's kindergarten halloween party. The teachers went gaga over them as well as the kids. I plan to make these again. Love them!!"
"These were surprisingly delicious and disappeared fast! They look great when they're done, and so easy to make too."
"This has become an annual favorite! Everyone loves it..The peanut butter filling also makes great peanut butter cups, or you can roll it out between two sheets of wax paper and cut shapes out of it and dip it in chocolate or whatever coating you like!"
"My son and I make these every year! As soon as October hits, he starts asking for the yummy eyeballs..."
"These turned out fantastic on my first try and were a huge hit at a family halloween party! Much more cute than you could ever imagine. Would definitely make it again!"
"I made these last year and they were a hit. I even had to make more. I have to make more this year for the halloween party I am having. Delicious and easy receipe."