Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers
- Paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Red liquid food coloring
- In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint as desired. Spread a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate chip in the center.
- For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw lines from circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 36 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2014
Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the wafer then dip in the melted chocolate.
Oct 31, 2012
I made these for an office Halloween potluck. They are so simple. Very tasty & people loved them!~
Sep 3, 2012
Little kids loved these at our Halloween party and they were sooo easy to make with my little helpers
Oct 21, 2011
I would buy double the amount of the baking chocolate. Also used blue tube frosting instead of buying the blue paste.
Oct 4, 2011
Made these for a Halloween party with the help of my two children (2yrs and 3yrs old). Tasted great and kids loved the look of them.
Oct 3, 2011
super easy, cute, and delicious! who doesn't love vanilla wafers :)
Oct 1, 2011
great idea, easy, yes I will add this to my Halloween collections of cookie recipes.
Nov 1, 2010
The part I thought would be the hardest turned out to be the easiest. Making the red squiggles was easy with just a toothpick. It didnt come out with thick lines but the small thin squiggles actually looked more real. The trouble i had was that the choc. was too thick to just dip in. I had to spread it on and it wasn't smooth. I would also use frosting for the blue part or pipe it on next time. It was hard to not make a mess. I made choc cupcakes w chocolate frosting and place them on top. Everyone love them.
Oct 30, 2010
I added a teaspoon of shortening and melted it along with the chocolate to create a smoother consistency. I worked like a charm!
Jun 10, 2010
very cute, but pretty plain tasting. I used the red gel frosting instead of red food coloring.pretty messy...