Customize these cake balls to your liking with the flavors of your choice. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min. + freezing
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 cup prepared frosting of your choice
- 1 package (12 ounces) each orange, pink, blue, purple, vibrant green, black and white Wilton candy melts
- Decorations of your choice: candy coating disks, jumbo sprinkles, candy-coated sunflower kernels, candy eyeballs, Twizzlers Rainbow Twists, Life Savers, colored sugar and assorted sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In separate bowls, heat candy melts in the microwave until melted; stir until smooth. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate as desired. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cake pop: 182 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cake Pops in Ultimate Halloween 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.