Doughnut Hole Cake
This is the easiest, most impressive cake I’ve ever made! You can use chocolate, lemon or strawberry cake mix in the place of red velvet. —Robert Pickart, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 32 vanilla cake doughnut holes
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 16 doughnut holes in each of two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over doughnuts, dividing evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread frosting between layers and over top of cake.
Apr 27, 2017
I took my granddaughter to the Milwaukee Taste of Home Live show and when this recipe was demonstrated, her eyes just lit up so I knew we would have to try it. She made the entire cake herself and did a great job.