Doughnut Hole Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 32 vanilla cake doughnut holes
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 16 doughnut holes in each of two greased 8-in. round baking pans. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over doughnuts, dividing evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Spread frosting between layers and over top of cake.
Apr 27, 2017
I took my granddaughter to the Milwaukee Taste of Home Live show and when this recipe was demonstrated, her eyes just lit up so I knew we would have to try it. She made the entire cake herself and did a great job.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.