Double Orange Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon reserved orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and eggs. Beat until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate for frosting. Add the remaining concentrate with combined dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in orange zest.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread a small amount over each cookie.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 163 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 19, 2017
I loved these cookies. Taste similar to orange rolls!
Dec 14, 2013
These were so-so. I don't think I would describe them as "nutritious" as is mentioned in the description. I followed the recipe to a "T". The dough was super sticky and hard to work with. They also seemed to take nearly 20 minutes to bake fully (have no idea why). I will say the frosting was yummy. Without the frosting these cookies would be a bit boring for sure. I'm going to give it one more try with lemonade instead of orange juice. We'll see what happens. I've been baking cookies successfully for 35 years, yet have no idea why the dough was so weird and didn't want to bake in the allotted time frame.. It was a mystery for sure. If the lemon ones don't work out for me either, I'll be scrapping this recipe.
Apr 29, 2013
I tried this recipe yesterday and it turned out flavorless though I added some more sugar and juice as described in recipe but it was not good at all.I don't get why these people are praising it can anyone send me these cookies:)
Apr 29, 2013
I tried this recipe yesterday and it turned out flavorless though I added some more sugar and juice as described in recipe but it was not good at all.didnot get why tehse people are praising it can anyone send me these cookies:)
Jan 3, 2013
Loved the cookies, I'm just wondering how the submitter justifies calling them "nutritious"... A cup of butter, cup of sour cream, sugar, cream cheese?
Jun 10, 2012
Loved these cookies. After reading the reviews I decided for my first try at these I would make lemon cookies. I followed the cookie recipe exactly using lemonade and lemon peel. For the frosting I did not want to use cream cheese so I just used butter. I did not have milk on hand so I used lemon juice from the lemons used for the zest. Such wonderful real lemon flavor - these cookies are a hit! I can't wait to try orange, and will possibly even try lime.
Feb 19, 2012
Update: I recently made these with limeade and they were fabulous. Also want to try a lemonade version to see how they come out!
Dec 18, 2011
These are so good. Such a nice change from the typical "chocolate type" cookies I make. My husband specifically asked me to make these for a second time and I made a batch for a Christmas party a few weeks ago-- not one cookie was left! I would like to try this same recipe but with a can of limeade too...
Dec 12, 2010
I used to make these cookies quite frequently, but they sort of fell out of my repertoire in the past few years. I ran across the recipe and remembered how good they tasted. I made them again yesterday and they turned out as scrumptious as I recalled. Some of my family say they have a new favorite cookie!
Oct 18, 2010
This was a very easy recipe to put together.I thinned out the frosting to make it more of a glaze which I liked. It is as tasty as a rolled sugar cooking, but much easier.