Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 8 smoked sausage links or hot dogs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup potato sticks
- Ketchup and/or mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Separate dough into strips. Unroll and cut eight strips in half widthwise; set remaining strips aside. Cut sausages in half widthwise. Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage, leaving the rounded end showing. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place reserved breadsticks on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bugs to a serving plate and cool 2 minutes.
- Insert potato sticks into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate with ketchup and/or mustard. Serve warm. Save remaining breadsticks for another use.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts2 2 pieces (calculated without ketchup and mustard): 211 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 623mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 6, 2019
Made this with my kids' cooking class and it was a darling project. Tasty too! Would make again for a children's event.
Oct 31, 2012
Made this for my daughter's grade 4 Hallowe'en party today, and they all disappeared. She came home with the EMPTY TRAY.
Oct 26, 2012
These are really cute and taste good, but you had better give yourself a lot of time. Maybe my time issue was because I used the little sausage links instead of cutting a big sausage into pieces. I thought the smaller pieces were easier to eat.
Oct 30, 2011
I love making a 'creature' every Halloween and these were both quite fun to make and guests loved them as well!
Jul 31, 2011
Fun and delicious treat for kids and adults.
Nov 13, 2010
everyone at the halloween party loved the bugs