Spider Nest Candies
These creepy crawlies are much sweeter than they are scary. Kids love to help make the simple treats. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 can (5 ounces) crispy chow mein noodles
- Spider candies and jelly beans
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in chow mein noodles until well coated.
- Divide into 15 mounds on a piece of waxed paper. Shape into nests; add a spider candy and jelly beans for eggs to each. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Spider Nest Candies in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.