- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 20 blue milk chocolate M&M's
- 20 brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Red decorating gel
- In a small bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip peanut butter balls into coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Place M&M's, plain side up, on top. Let stand until set. Use red gel to create "bloodshot" eyes. Yield: 40 pieces.
Reviews for Scary Eyeballs
Sort By :
Instead of candy coating, I used vanilla ready to use frosting and it worked just perfect, that was what I had in hand and it was easier, faster and cleaner to use
I make these every year for our church bake sale, and they ALWAYS sell out! So easy and tasty.
These are my favorite candy to make. I used Reese's Pieces instead of the M&M. I think that it adds to the peanut butter taste.
I made these for my daughter's kindergarten Halloween party. The teachers went gaga over them as well as the kids. I plan to make these again. Love them!!
These were surprisingly delicious and disappeared fast! They look great when they're done, and so easy to make too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >