It's impossible to stop nibbling on warm pieces of this cheesy, oniony bread. The sliced loaf fans out for a fun presentation. —Kay Daly, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread widthwise into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Place cheese in cuts.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, green onions and poppy seeds; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Savory Party Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p64
Reviews for Savory Party Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review