- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread widthwise into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Place cheese in cuts.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, green onions and poppy seeds; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Savory Party Bread
Sort By :
"Made this for a football party & it was a big hit. So good!! My store didn't have sourdough bread so I used an Italian loaf & it worked fine. I also added a clove of minced garlic. Give this recipe a try...you won't be disappointed!"
"Made this for a party. I changed the cheeses but what a hit this was would definitely make it again."
"awesome. everyone devoured it"
"Excellent, excellent, excellent! I used shredded Italian 5-cheese blend, along with shredded swiss cheese, then sprinkled grated Parmesan over the top (I omitted the poppy seeds). Everyone loved it! I will definitely be adding this recipe to my "Keepers" list!"
"This recipe was soo enjoyed that my husband has banned it! He can't cut back and eat just a little... it's too addictive. I only used 1/2 # of cheese and it was perfectly cheesy and delicious."