"I don't know where this recipe originally came from, but my mother used to prepare it for our family when I was little, and now I love to make it," says Jenny Cook from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. A sweet and tangy sauce nicely coats chicken that's ready to serve in just a few hours.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemonade Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p10
Reviews for Savory Lemonade Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review