Savory Glazed Pearl Onions Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups frozen pearl onions (about 1-1/2 pounds), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Uncover; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until onions are glazed, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Savory Glazed Pearl Onions(3)
Sort By :
Big hit at a dinner party I had last night! Everyone asked for the recipe and they were wonderful with beef tenderloin.
These little onions were outstanding. The flavor fabulous.
I had this At my sister's home and it was delicious. Can't wait to make it for my guests.