- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 2 pounds uncooked Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in oil until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in enough milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead lightly for 30 seconds. Roll into two 16-in. x 10-in. rectangles. Crumble uncooked sausage over dough to within 1/2 in. on all sides. Carefully roll up from 16-in. end. Wrap in foil; chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 1/2-in. slices; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Sausage Swirls
Sort By :
"We LOVE these! Putting the sausage on raw sounds funny, but it really works. I put a little cheddar cheese on them and the affect was wonderful. I did not chill the dough and it turned out fine. (I don't care for chilling dough, it takes to long) :P God bless you!Jesus is coming soon, Abigail"
"Whenever I ask what can i bring to a breakfast meeting. The request is for the sausage swirls. For our book fair this year we are have a breakfast for the parent in the book fair and i'm making sausage swirls."
"I've made this recipe and it sounds strange to use uncooked sausage, but it works and it's delicious."