Peanut Butter Swirls
A honey-blond version of the beloved cinnamon bun, these tender peanut-butter rolls are a delightful breakfast or brunch offering.—Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle. For filling, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter, 1/4 cup cream, peanut butter, brown sugar and honey. Stir in peanuts and peanut butter chips. Spread half of filling to within 1/2 in. of edges; reserve remaining filling for topping.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, remaining filling and cream; spread over warm rolls. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 472 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.