Puff pastry creates a quick and easy "dough" for pretty, pinwheel-type cookies featuring two types of nuts. The flakey treats are hard to resist.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons turbinado (washed raw) sugar or sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, pistachios, brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon and salt. Spread over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 141 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.