Peanut Chocolate Whirls
The mouthwatering combination of chocolate and peanut butter is irresistible in these tender swirl cookies. My daughters and I have such fun making and sharing these yummy snacks. —Joanne Woloschuk, Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 16x12-in. rectangle.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Tightly roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices with a serrated knife. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 216 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.