Sausage Spaghetti Spirals
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and spaghetti sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 592 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1071mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2017
We thought this recipe was really good. Although I made a couple of changes. We don't like green pepper very much, so I added red and orange peppers. Next I used bottled sauce with Italian Sausage in it. Also I used a four cheese Italian blend of cheese. Try it you will like it!
Jan 14, 2016
This is a great family-friendly recipe! We like things a little spicy so we use hot bulk Italian sausage. Recipe works great with just about any spegeheti sauce chosen. This also a great meal to deliver to someone because all in one pan. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I appreciate recipes that are flexible to accommodate my family's tastes.
Jan 8, 2012
Quick, easy and tasty!
Oct 28, 2011
We thought the flavor was great just the way the recipe was written. This would also make a wonderful dish for a pot luck.
Aug 18, 2011
Recipe needs assist from additional spices and ingredients.
Jun 16, 2011
This is a great recipe! But I do add browned hamburger w/ finely chopped onion, pepperoni and some shredded cheddar cheese. YUMMY!!!! My hubby and kids LOVE IT!!!! So simple and so good!