You’ll feel like Ratatouille’s great chef, Remy, when you serve this veggie-packed dish party guests will rave about. Don’t let the ingredient list fool you: Pantry staples and an easy-cook method make this one a cinch. —Janine Freeman, Blaine, Washington
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the beans, green peppers, onion, shallots and garlic in butter and oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and allspice. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sausage and parsley; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Ratatouille in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p56
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Ratatouille
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review