"I've served this hearty dish to many guests, and they always ask for the recipe," writes Paula Christensen of Soldotna, Alaska. "It can even be assembled the night before and kept in the refrigerator. Just pop it in the oven the morning."
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Brunch Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p47
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review