Sausage Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer the sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pancake mix, eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Brunch Casserole(5)
Sort By :
Hello! I originally submitted this recipe in 2003 and it remains my most requested recipe! Thanks to those of you who have tried it and submitted reviews. I also use canned tomatoes and many times leave out the mushrooms. Lately I have been trying different types of cheese....it always tastes great!
I've made this recipe dozens of times since it was published in 2003. I lost track of it a couple of years ago. I'm excited to try it again now that I have found it here!! To use what is in my pantry I have used canned tomatoes instead of choping fresh ones.
Made a 1/2 recipe (in an 8x8 pan), but used dried milk, a whole can of mushrooms, about 1/4 cup of fresh garlic chives, and left out the tomato. Turned out good when warm, not so much when cold, but it reheated in the microwave nicely.
This sounds yummy. My husband and I are fond of sausage/cheese dishes, and this sounds like it may be a keeper.