Sausage & Penne Marinara Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage & Penne Marinara(24)
Sort By :
I absolutely loved this! I used 1 lb bulk Italian Sausage, and wagon wheel pasta. I can't wait to make this again!
I may have liked this a lot better if my husband hadn't doubled the red pepper flakes....it was too spicy, but I will make it again and keep my husband out of the kitchen while I'm doing so! Lol!!
this was quick and very good. We added some gorgonzola cheese on top of ours and it added the right taste.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. So easy and delicious.
Loved this, very spicy for my little kids though. Will cut back on the spices next time cause there will be a next time.