- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Place pancakes on individual plates. For Santa's eyes, place two banana slices on each pancake; top with a chocolate chip. For ears, cut remaining banana slices in half; place on either side of pancake. For nose, remove nine cherries from pie filling; place one in the center of each pancake. Spoon 1/4 cup pie filling above pancake for hat. Use whipped cream to spray the beard, hat brim and pom-pom. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Santa Pancakes
Sort By :
"These are terrific! My girls loved them on Christmas morning, and they are probably the only reason I was able to get them to sit down to eat, albeit briefly, in the midst of all the chaos. These will be a new family tradition for us, and year one was a big hit."
"Delicious and a fun family tradition we have been keeping for nine years now!!"
"I first made these for Christmas breakfast in 2011. Doing it again this year! We are all adults now but---as they say---just because you have to grow older does not mean you have to grow up! At least, not at Christmas!"
"My girls look forward to this tradition every Christmas Eve morning! Getting ready to make them now."
"Yummy! My kids loved waking up to these Christmas morning. They were even willing to wait to open presents until Nana and Papa arrived with this delicious distraction!"