Salmon Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle cheese in the crust; top with salmon and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt; pour over salmon mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Quiche(5)
Sort By :
I made this for a brunch and everyone loved it!
salmon and eggs-two of my favorite foods. what a perfect way to have them together!
This recipe was very good. This was my first time making quiche and I couldn't find a 10inch crust so I made it with the 9inch deep dish. It was a little full and I had to cook it longer, but it still turned good.
This was my first quiche to make. It was pretty easy to make considering my inexperience with cooking. I definitely recommend getting salmon that says it is cleaned, free of bones/skin/etc. The first can I opened was a 14 oz can which ended up having skin and bones still in it, so I could not use it. The quiche turned out great though!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >