- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in rice and salmon. Combine egg and mayonnaise; stir into the salmon mixture.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the Parmesan cheese and broccoli. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining salmon mixture, Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Broccoli Bake
"Quick and yummy."
"Just the BEST!! My husband and I LOVED this. Plan to try it with another type of fish tonight :)"
"Added a little salt and pepper. was a little bland for my household. Broccoli also all needs to be in the first layer. overcooks on top."
"We enjoyed this dish, I used raw broccoli and cooked it before assembling dish. Would also suggest the broccoli be put in the centre, I found it got too done putting it on the top."