- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and moisture has evaporated, stirring every 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 13-in. circle. Sprinkle cornmeal over a greased 14-in. pizza pan; place pastry on prepared pan. Spoon vegetable mixture over pastry to within 1-1/2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush pastry with remaining oil.
- Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rustic Roasted Vegetable Tart
Sort By :
"One of my all-time favorites! Very easy and delicious plus you can use any combination of veggies you want."
"I have made this a number of times when summer veggies are in full swing. If you use juicy tomatoes, it helps to dump out the excess juice halfway through the roasting process, otherwise it'll take forever to evaporate. I use a little more cheese than this recipe calls for."
"This was very good. It looked great and tasted wonderful. Not difficult to make but looks impressive. Be sure to roast lots of veggies - I did not use all that it said, as I feared it would be too much - but they really cooked down and I barely had enough. I would use more veggies next time. The combination of vegetables was very tasty and I Would not change a thing."
"I substituted yellow squash for the eggplant and added thinly sliced red onion - also saute'd the vegies as it was a hot day...Used both crusts in the refrig pie crust package, stacked, rolling them out to make a thicker crust. I added some grated mozzarella on top of the crust before spreading the vegies and it was just wonderful."