Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
I served this at Christmastime and no one was impressed. I brought most of it home and am using it in soup!!!
I would give this recipe 4 1/2 stars if I could. Very tasty but needs a slight umph. Maybe a little heavier on the spices next time or a very mild white cheese, gouda perhaps?
Have made this many times for holidays and company, and sometimes just because it is so very good. Everyone loves it and it turns out perfect every single time.
First time my gratin turned out creamy and flavoful. Have never done it before with a white sauce base but it worked out amazingly well. The rosemary and garlic were perfect compliments to this dish. This will forever be my go-to gratin recipe
This was amazing! Made it for company and served it with pork roast and it was delicious. Not too goopy creamy like some scalloped potatoes. Delish. The rosemary wasn't overwhelming, just really a nice flavour overall. I must say that I added more salt, pepper and garlic !