- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie
Sort By :
"This didn't taste much like root beer and even though I followed the directions, it did not set up at all."
"Very good and easy to make but like many others I will add some concentrated root beer extract the next time. I love root beer."
"Was very easy to make and a big hit at a family gathering. My brother in law wanted the recipe so he could make it for himself, he liked it so much."
"Thought it was very good but mine was runny. Will try it again though!"
"A very light and refreshing pie that is easy to make. Like some of the other reviews, I may try adding additional root beer flavoring to pull the flavor out more. A keeper in my recipe box for summer time."