Root Beer Float Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-3/4 cups cold root beer, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and remaining root beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 203 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2019
I have made this several times, and it always disappears quickly. For kids I make cupcakes. Love it.
Feb 12, 2019
This Root Beer Float Cake was very good. I added one teaspoon of Root Beer extract to the cake batter to up the root beer flavor. My family enjoyed it!
Nov 12, 2017
Love this cake! But who sells whipped topping mix anymore? I couldn't find it anywhere in 6 markets. I just made whipped cream and used RB concentrate and it turned out great!
Aug 11, 2016
This is a favorite of my daughter even now that she is 19. LOL! We like to use 2 envelope whipped topping mix. Also, I noticed that the higher quality the Root Beer the better this recipe.
Jul 7, 2016
First time followed recipe and no flavor. Tried again using the root beer concentrate as well in cake /frosting and MUCH better! Will make again and add even MORE concentrate (3-4 tsp) and think it will be perfect then! Luv2craftginny- cannot see why you could not use diet root beer
Jun 28, 2016
question can you use diet root beer
May 26, 2016
Really nice cake-used root beer concentrate after reading reviews.
Apr 1, 2016
I really liked this cake. It turned out good. My husband usually likes only chocolate things, so he wasn't impressed. I tried this because I'm sick of only making chocolate. I will make it again just for something different.
Feb 3, 2016
I made this for my granddaughter's birthday. Oh My Gosh, how sad! It wasn't very good. :( She loves root beer. We couldn't hardly taste the root beer. She was sooooo disappointed. Very Sad.
Oct 25, 2015
I added a little Root Beer flavoring to cake batter and frosting. Turned out good.