Rock'n and Roast'n Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot banana peppers
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Additional banana peppers, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Seed and chop 10 hot banana peppers (refrigerate remaining peppers for another use). Add the hot peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, chilies, jalapeno and seasonings to beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Uncover; simmer until chili reaches desired thickness. Garnish with additional banana peppers if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Rock'n and Roast'n Chili
Sort By :
I loved this chili. Very hot, but it did not burn your lips or throat. Will make again for sure.
This is excellent!I love the spiciness! This is how chili should taste! Thank you!