- 5 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place vegetables in a large bowl. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Add to vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Vegetables with Sage
"Our family loved this wonderful mixture of vegetables with the sage butter. The recipe may say it serves 8, but after my husband and one son went back for seconds, there was nary a scrap of it left! I couldn't find the right amount of Brussels sprouts and didn't want too many, so I put in broccoli instead (for 20 min.) I don't like butternut squash, so I substituted sweet potato. Some folks might want to increase the amount of salt to suit their particular tastes. The Bomb! Thanks Betty!"
"It is my pleasure, as a Volunteer Field Editor, to give this recipe my rating of 5 stars. Very easy to prepare, excellent results, and can easily be either doubled or halved to suit your particular needs. I particularly like the idea of sage."
"I prepared this delicious dish tonight. I did omit the Brussels sprouts as they are not my husband's favorite. I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and it was perfect. The veggies had a wonderful flavor. We will definitely be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This would make a great side dish for the holidays! The variety of vegetables really complement the sage flavor. It would be a great alternative to mashed potatoes to go with the Thanksgiving turkey! I actually added a couple other vegetables like parsnips and sweet potatoes to the mix. Very good."