- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium leek (white part only), sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place eggplant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes and leek on pans; generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add broth, beans, peas, vinegar, seasonings and roasted vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Originally published as Roasted Vegetable Soup in Country Woman January/February 2000, p40
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2012
"So delicious. the flavors really come out. Very hearty and healthy!"