- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium leek (white part only), sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place eggplant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, potatoes and leek on pans; generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute garlic for 2 minutes. Add broth, beans, peas, vinegar, seasonings and roasted vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"So delicious. the flavors really come out. Very hearty and healthy!"
"this is the best soup I have ever tasted"
"My 19 year old son declared this soup to be "awesome"! Makes a large amount so this is great for family get-togethers or covered dish suppers. I used the chicken broth and substituted black beans for kidney beans. Great recipe."
"this is the best tasting soup. You don't miss the meat in it. you can add chicken if you want and it will be wonderful.It is a great winter soup."