Sunday Herbed Pot Roast Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked Sassy Pot Roast
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots; cook 2 minutes longer. Add mushrooms; cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 192 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 5, 2013
Good recipe for leftover pot roast. I used my own recipe - maybe it tastes better using the TOH recipe called for. I like recipes for leftovers like this.
Dec 10, 2012
Absolutely delicious soup. I just simmered in my crockpot and had a great meal after work.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.