Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 235 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 23, 2016
By far the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had!
Nov 20, 2016
This soup is really good!!! i didn't have any cooked chicken, so I browned some in the pan, then saluted the vegetables. Once I added the stock, I pulled up all the brown bits in the bottom of the pan. It was excellent! I do recommend cutting back on the amount of time you cook the potatoes. They were a little over done for my liking.
Feb 10, 2016
I guess I'm in the minority here. Nobody in my family liked this. My husband added hot sauce and a bunch of other spices in order to find it edible. I seemed to have potential but there was no flavor. Also I think the potatoes and evaporated milk didn't work.
Jan 18, 2016
This is a great recipe for chicken noodle soup. I will definitely keep it. It has a great flavor , and the consistency and ingredients are perfect.
Jan 14, 2016
This soup has a great flavor!!! It is definitely a keeper.
Dec 29, 2015
We love this soup!! It is thick like a stew and the herbs make it taste like its name 'Roasted Chicken', full of vegetables and noodles-so comforting and delicious! Don't omit anything,I made it as written, but used regular whole milk, and less potato and noodles (2 medium peeled and cubed Russet potatoes; and 1/2 of an 11 oz. bag - or 4 ounces of thawed frozen noodles). Use a large soup pot or Dutch Oven this makes at least 5 quarts of soup.
Nov 19, 2015
This is the chicken noodle soup I've been searching for! What makes this is really the herbs used. I didn't add the potatoes, garlic, or milk-- I wanted it a little more basic-- but the flavor was outstanding without those. Even my normally soup-picky husband commented on how good it was. This is the perfect chicken noodle soup for when you're sick or to warm you up on a cold night!
Nov 10, 2015
This is a hit with my family of 5. Kids love it, it has a great flavor. I sometimes transfer it to a crockpot to keep it warm if bringing it anywhere. Served with yummy bread!
Oct 20, 2015
Sep 1, 2015
This is potato soup meets chicken noodle soup. It's good, but the combination of potatoes and noodles in the same soup was a little weird to me. If I made it again, I would probably omit the potatoes, and increase the chicken.