Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 235 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 8, 2018
The best chicken soup - fresh tasting, wholesome, easy to prepare - my favorite by far. Thank you for this keeper recipe.
Dec 23, 2016
By far the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had!
Nov 20, 2016
This soup is really good!!! i didn't have any cooked chicken, so I browned some in the pan, then saluted the vegetables. Once I added the stock, I pulled up all the brown bits in the bottom of the pan. It was excellent! I do recommend cutting back on the amount of time you cook the potatoes. They were a little over done for my liking.
Feb 10, 2016
I guess I'm in the minority here. Nobody in my family liked this. My husband added hot sauce and a bunch of other spices in order to find it edible. I seemed to have potential but there was no flavor. Also I think the potatoes and evaporated milk didn't work.
Jan 18, 2016
This is a great recipe for chicken noodle soup. I will definitely keep it. It has a great flavor , and the consistency and ingredients are perfect.
Jan 14, 2016
This soup has a great flavor!!! It is definitely a keeper.
Dec 29, 2015
We love this soup!! It is thick like a stew and the herbs make it taste like its name 'Roasted Chicken', full of vegetables and noodles-so comforting and delicious! Don't omit anything,I made it as written, but used regular whole milk, and less potato and noodles (2 medium peeled and cubed Russet potatoes; and 1/2 of an 11 oz. bag - or 4 ounces of thawed frozen noodles). Use a large soup pot or Dutch Oven this makes at least 5 quarts of soup.
Nov 19, 2015
This is the chicken noodle soup I've been searching for! What makes this is really the herbs used. I didn't add the potatoes, garlic, or milk-- I wanted it a little more basic-- but the flavor was outstanding without those. Even my normally soup-picky husband commented on how good it was. This is the perfect chicken noodle soup for when you're sick or to warm you up on a cold night!
Nov 10, 2015
This is a hit with my family of 5. Kids love it, it has a great flavor. I sometimes transfer it to a crockpot to keep it warm if bringing it anywhere. Served with yummy bread!
Oct 20, 2015