This well-seasoned satisfying soup has a rich full-bodied broth brimming with tender chunks of pork, potatoes and navy beans. "It has been a family favorite for years," notes Sue Gulledge of Springville, Alabama. "Served with corn bread, it's one of our comfort foods in winter."
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 3 cups cubed cooked pork roast
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh basil
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Roast Pork Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2000 , p14
Reviews for Roast Pork Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review