- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold water, divided
- 12 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 3/4 cup water, 6 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Strain; return to the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; set aside. Place the raspberries and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Strain; add to rhubarb mixture. Stir in softened gelatin. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into dessert glasses or bowls. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rhubarb Raspberry Mousse in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p15
Reviews for Rhubarb Raspberry Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mousse Recipes >
- Raspberry Mousse Recipe >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Rhubarb Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >