Raspberry Rhubarb Jam
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 35 min. + chilling
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Meanwhile, rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Stir in gelatin and pie filling into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
May 27, 2016
I made this and it was awesome. My husband, mom and daughter really loved it too. Thanks for posting your recipes. I love them.
Aug 9, 2011
This is the first time I have ever made jam, and it was easy. It reminds me of the jam my grandma made when I was a little girl. It turned out great!
Apr 18, 2011
A friend told me about this recipeonly she uses Strawberry instead ofRaspberry and said it's great makes itall the time
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.