Rhubarb Slush Punch
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + freezing
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 10 cups club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Mash rhubarb; strain. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Add sugar, concentrates and remaining water to rhubarb juice. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving, scraping the surface as it thaws. Place equal amounts of slush mixture and club soda in each serving glass. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 244 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 5, 2016
Big hit at my backyard party. I think next time I will back some on the sugar as I have red sweet rhubarb. But it still goes over FAST even with those non-rhubarb lovers!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.