- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg. Add brown sugar, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat for 1 minute. Combine dry ingredients; stir into sugar mixture just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Rhubarb Muffins
Sort By :
"love rhubarb ANYTHING!!! these are WONDERFUL...moist and yummy...please try the recipe as written before you make substitutions!! they deserve to be tried as is!!"
"These were great! I made some healthy changes and they still turned out beautifully: subbed lemon soy yogurt for the buttermilk (thinned with a little water), whole wheat pastry flour for the AP flour, and cut the sugar back to 1 cup instead of 1 1/4. Actually, the hint of lemon from the yogurt was great with the rhubarb. Yummy, moist, and fluffy."
"i made these for the guys at work. they loved them."