- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add blueberries and rhubarb; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix baking mix, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in oats and almonds. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble
Sort By :
"This recipe is awesome! Blueberries and rhubarb is a great combination. I always see raspberries or strawberries and rhubarb. I made this for my book club group, and everyone loved it. I didn't have almonds so I used pecans, which I think was a good substitute."
"Great recipe! Definitely a keeper. Made just as recipe said, excellent. My son even liked it and he doesn't like rhubarb. The combination of sweet blueberries and tart rhubarb was perfect."
"Really good recipe. My coworkers loved it"
"I want to try this , what is used for the biscuit / baking mix ? Bisquick or ????"
"I made this with Splenda instead of sugar. Cut the corn starch back to 1 1/2 tablespoons, since Splenda doesn't melt like sugar does. It was amazing! I will make this again."