My favorite kind of cake, red velvet, inspired me to create this fudge. If you like, spoon the candy mixture into paper-lined mini muffin cups instead of spreading it in a pan.—Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Featured In: 19 Red Velvet Recipes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) white baking chips, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red paste food coloring
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with butter.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 3-1/4 cups white baking chips, chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in milk and food coloring; gradually add 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Spread into prepared pan.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining white baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese and extracts. Gradually beat in remaining confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over red layer; sprinkle with crushed candies. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: 3-3/4 pounds.
Originally published as Red Velvet Candy Cane Fudge in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Red Velvet Candy Cane Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2016
"My daughter made this last year & it was fantastic! I can't believe how easy it is to make."