- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) white baking chips, divided
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red paste food coloring
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with butter.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 3-1/4 cups white baking chips, chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in milk and food coloring; gradually add 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Spread into prepared pan.
- In another large microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining white baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese and extracts. Gradually beat in remaining confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over red layer; sprinkle with crushed candies. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: 3-3/4 pounds.
Originally published as Red Velvet Candy Cane Fudge in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Red Velvet Candy Cane Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review