"When our garden produces an abundance of raspberries, we know it's time to make this fruity frozen dessert," reports Diana Leskauskas of Chatham, New Jersey. "It's super in the summertime...and a treat throughout the year made with frozen raspberries." —Diana Leskauskas, Chatham, New Jersey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place raspberries in a blender; cover and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Raspberry Ice Cream in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p60
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Raspberry Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review