- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place bread cubes in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in the sugar, butter, raisins and cinnamon. Pour over bread; stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"I have also diced up apples with the raisins. With vanilla sauce there isn't much that is better or as easy to make."
"wonder how this would taste with dried cranberries. yummo"
"This looks good, just wondering about the bread. Do you use just regular 'wonder bread' type bread or a more homemade type?"
"I don't have a slow cooker. Can this be done in the oven?"