Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place bread cubes in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in the sugar, butter, raisins and cinnamon. Pour over bread; stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"Delicious and Easy! Vanilla sauce is to DIE for! Served for a brunch today and people raved!"
"This is such a delicious way to use up day old bread from my bread machine! I love it!"
"we use either craisins or/and dates. we have also used chocolate chips.We make a lemon sauce which is similar to the vanilla sauce but instead of vanilla it uses up to 5 rablespoons of lemon juice. Yummy"
"Raisin bread pudding tastes so good and is so easy to make, it's a keeper for sure and one my family will ask for many more times. It's going in my recipe box as I absolutely love this recipe."