- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each biscuit into fourths; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken, broth, mushrooms, bouillon granules, parsley, sage, rosemary and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add biscuits for dumplings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Chicken and Dumplings
Sort By :
"Followed the recipe to the letter as I want to see how it was, plan on making it again with leftover turkey. Made it on a Sunday night after 3 days of rain and it was true comfort food Wonderful flavor, like it doesn't need cream or butter. It is also nice to have the stuff on hand if you are expecting a snow storm. Was easy to do and didn't need a lot of watching and fussing over, so I could make a salad to go with it."
"I make this every winter now since seeing it in 2013's Most Requested Taste of Home Cookbook. I do add a few splashes of fat free half and half and I also substitute the rosemary and sage with oregano and a bay leaf- Came out GREAT! This recipe also works for the crock pot- Just add the biscuits at the end to cook."
"One of my family's favorite weeknight dishes. cazuhlke: I always use the frozen uncooked Grands biscuits and it turns out great ... just make sure that you don't uncover it too early. cathiemh: my husband is on salt restriction because of his heart and we have never had any problem with this recipe. The salt in the chicken is in the fat and skin, which you obviously remove and the broth cooks down nicely as well with the onions and peppers. I agree with Jenisl that you should really try something before giving such a low opinion."
"Not a tremendous amount of flavor but the family loved it."
"We really like this. My five year old daughter and picky husband said it was good. I used poached chicken breast. I sauteed the peppers and onion in oil and butter and added about a tablespoon of flour to create a roux. I used herbs de provence and parsley. I used a 32 oz. container of broth and it was not too much liquid. I did use 10 biscuits as was suggested by others. I defrosted them in the microwave a bit so I could cut them. It took 15-20 minutes to cook the biscuits all the way through. All in all pretty good. Might add carrots and celery next time. Very quick and easy."