Soft layers of pumpkin, spicy gingerbread and creamy whipped topping make this decadent trifle a feast for your eyes and your stomach. —Amy Geiser, Fairlawn, Ohio
- 2 packages (14-1/2 ounces each) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mixes according to package directions for cake. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in brown sugar and pumpkin; cool completely.
- Crumble half of the gingerbread into a 4-qt. glass bowl; press down gently. Layer gingerbread with half of the pudding mixture and half of the whipped topping; repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving. Yield: 20 servings (about 1 cup each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p49
Reviews for Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review