- 2 packages (14-1/2 ounces each) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mixes according to package directions for cake. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in brown sugar and pumpkin; cool completely.
- Crumble half of the gingerbread into a 4-qt. glass bowl; press down gently. Layer gingerbread with half of the pudding mixture and half of the whipped topping; repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving. Yield: 20 servings (about 1 cup each).
Reviews for Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
"I made this for a autumn harvest party at work and it was a BIG HIT!! I followed javaqueen01's suggestion and added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the mixture because otherwise it seemed like it was going to be too bland. I'm glad that I did and will no doubt make this again!"
"Made this for a luncheon at work and everyone loved it!"
"This was really good. My changes - I used whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. It's just better to use fresh. I used a 14 oz carton of whipping cream. I also added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the pumpkin pudding mixture.I also sprinkled a little bit of brandy on the gingerbread layers. It is a trifle, after all. Not a lot, but maybe a tablespoon or 2 on each gingerbread layer.I think this recipe could easily be halved as it makes a ton!"
"Good basic recipe, but definitely needs tweaking. I made the pumpkin filling as written but thought it was too bland. Threw out that filling and started again this time using Jello brand "pumpkin spice" instant pudding which is a seasonal product. I used only 1 can of pure pumpkin, added pumpkin spice and cinnamon, and folded in some of the cool whip. This made the filling taste like a pumpkin mousse. It complemented the gingerbread cake very well."
"I made the pumpkin filling from scratch as well as the whipped topping, I have to say I am impressed...but I cut up my gingerbread and it turned out lovely! I simply couldn't find a container for the little round cakes to fit in, so I improvised. Everyone absolutely adored it~!"
"I made this for a church lunch. Everyone liked it. Now I did add a little bit more brown sugar then called for and also just to make easier on me, I used instant pudding. But it was very yummy. I will make again."
"IT IS REALLY GOOD"
"Made this for our teachers lounge and it was a SMASH HIT! However, I added some nutmeg and cinnamon to the pudding and pumpkin mixture to kick up the taste a little. I made the pudding in the microwave verses the stove top (WONDERFUL idea no burning). Must let it sit overnight, used cool whip for the inside layer and whip cream to cover the top. Quite yummy will make for Thanksgiving."
"Really didn't like this. Made it for the first time and took it to some friend's house for the dessert. No one like it."
"I made this for a pot luck and everyone loved it. I'd definitely make it again."