- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Muffins
"These are delicious. I omitted the chocolate chips, because I'm not a fan but I don't believe that hurt anything :) A friend said she made them with white chocolate chips and LOVED them, that way too."
"Very moist and delicious. I used 1.5 cups of sugar and replaced a half cup of oil with unsweetened applesauce. I added 1 teaspoon vanilla. I used 1 heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Made 29 muffins. Baked for 16-18 min at 350."
"Very yummy! A great crowd pleaser. I made them for a baby shower and everyone loved them. I used 1 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil."
"I would think this would be great with butterscotch chips also?"
"Loved them! I, like most others, used half applesauce and half canola oil. Decreased white sugar to 1 cup and added 1/2 cup brown sugar. Added 2 tsp. vanilla flavoring and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Made 6 dozen mini muffins!"