Pumpkin Chip Muffins Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chip Muffins
Sort By :
I made this recipe as is and it made 27 cupcake size muffins. Took the muffins to work for a fund raiser and they went like hot cakes!!!! My husband taste tested them before they went out the door and said they are delicious. Now I have to make another batch for him!!!
These were great. Made to take to work for a brunch. It made 30 muffins. Easy to make AND
everyone liked them. @ Garvagh....you can substitute unsweetened applesauce for the oil. The end product will be different - not as light but it does cut down on the calories and fat if that is what you are looking for.
Awesome!! I will be making these again and again. If you eat them warm the chocolate really comes through, but then if you eat them cooled down the pumpkin shines!
I made these muffins following the recipe as is and the were very good. I took them to work and everyone said they were very moist and they loved them. I thought they were very easy to make and turned out great. This is a keeper for me.
These muffins. Make them. Just make them. They're super good. :)
I subbed about 1/3 c. coconut oil + 1/2 c. applesauce for some of the oil, and skimped on the sugar, just to make these a teensy bit healthier.
This recipe, for me, made 24 standard muffins, + 20 mini-muffins. I don't see them sticking around though.
They're delicious! The whole family loves them. I'm replacing my previous pumpkin-chip muffin recipe with this one. Thanks Cindy!