- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mesquite seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn or tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and chopped green onions
- In a small bowl, mix seasoning ingredients. Place roast in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; rub with seasonings. Add peppers and onion. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables and 1/2 cup juices; discard remaining juices. Skim fat from reserved juices. Shred pork with two forks.
Return pork, reserved juices and vegetables to slow cooker. Stir in beans, barbecue sauce and cheese; heat through. Serve over chips with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pork mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pulled Pork Nachos
"Made this pulled pork nachos for dinner tonight. Pork had a very good flavor and was very tender.If you are not a nacho fan it would also be very good served on a bun."
"The pulled pork is very tender and tasty, though the barbeque flavor on nachos takes a bit of getting used to. Overall, it's a good recipe, though I may stick to sandwiches!"