- 2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, toss 1-1/2 cups pretzels with sugar and melted butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread half of the mixture over pretzel layer. Top with pie filling; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Dessert
Sort By :
"We thought it was delicious! The only thing I did was less sugar in the pretzel crust because I don't think it needs to be that sweet. I probably put in a big 1/4 cup."
"I like your recipes, BUT I like to copy and paste them in word, so I can get two recipes on one page- Your ingredients come out in a mess??? Why is that?"
"Something better than zip-lock bags to crush pretzels, crackers, tortilla chips , etc. ForyearsI have been saving the bags from cereal boxes to crush pretzels, crackers, chips, etc. They are made of nylon and I don't remember every having the sharp edges poke through. You can use a rolling pin and get quick results. This pretzel dessert is a winner."
"The picture shows this dessert in dessert glasses. How would you prepare it to look like that?"
"I have always loved this recipe, however we use Cool Whip"