Pretzel Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, sugar and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on high speed 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- Spread half over crust. Top with pie filling and remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved pretzel mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Dessert(33)
Sort By :
@sue311- the easiest way to crush the pretzels is to put them in a zip-lock bag and wack them with a wine bottle. (After a couple glasses of wine, this is kinda fun.) I wasn't sure about the cubed butter, as one other person said- so I got the butter while cold and cut it up in very small bits; by the time it was all mixed up it had softened and mixed in quite well, and the pressing into the pan finished it nicely- no lumps of butter to bite into. This was delicious made as written, and we will be having it often.
I MADE IT WITH WHIPPED CREAM INSTEAD OF THE WHIPPED TOPPING (1-1/2 CUPS CREAM MEASURED BEFORE BEATING) AND ADDED SOME EXTRA WHITE SUGAR (1/2 CUP). IT WAS A SUCCESS!!!! WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!
This was a huge hit!!! Very yummy!
I am making for first time. Do you melt butter for crust? Does it stay crunchy? Do you bake the crust? I don't think I would like to eat a cube of butter. Please help as I am making for a baby shower on Saturday!
Great dessert. Use pretzels without salt and you'll get a great crust.