Potluck Ham and Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes; drain.
- In a large Dutch oven, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese sauce and 1 cup cheddar cheese until blended.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the ham, macaroni and broccoli. Divide between a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potluck Ham and Pasta
Sort By :
This was a good, filling meal. I will add some more seasoning next time as it was kind of bland.
My husband saw this recipe in the Nov. 2012 issue of Country Extra & requested that I make it. We had it for supper & it was a hit!
This is a great recipe. I have been looking for a Mac and cheese recipe that is not dry and I found this one. Very good!
I made this for dinner last night and it was outstanding. My husband had thirds and I went for seconds. My 83 year old mother (who hasn't eaten for two days) had a bowl ful. Thank you.
Re: Potluck Ham and Pasta -
I've made a similar dish, and along with the fresh broccoli, I also put in fresh cut-up cauliflower and kielbasa. I use a whole block(cut-up)of velveeta cheese along with the cheddar cheese. I do not use mustard or salt, but do use black pepper. My co-workers always ask for this dish at potlucks.
Betsy, Amherst, OH