“This easy meal-in-one dish is a real crowd-pleaser on chilly nights," says Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania. "Because it bakes in two pans, you could freeze one for later, depending on your needs. It’s creamy, and filling and has a wonderful ham-and-cheese flavor.”
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 1 jar (15 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes; drain.
- In a large Dutch oven, saute onion in butter 2 minutes. Stir in flour, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese sauce and 1 cup cheddar cheese until blended.
- Remove from heat; stir in ham, macaroni and broccoli. Divide between a greased 13x9-in. baking dish and a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Potluck Ham and Pasta in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Potluck Ham and Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review