Potluck Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely crushed cornflakes
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until smooth. Add the chicken, rice, celery, peas, pimientos, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with cornflakes. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Potluck Chicken Casserole(9)
Sort By :
I wish I had read the reviews prior to making this recipe!!! I saw 4 1/2 stars and thought that rating would suffice. I think this recipe is very, very bland and totally lacks flavor. I even added one cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I am very disappointed!
Didn't really like this recipe.
I followed the recipe per ingredients with the exception of making an additional cup of rice and used red pepper chopped instead of pimentos. I also did an additional 3/4 cup of cornflakes and 2 T of butter.
This recipe was good, but needs a little more moisture even though the rice is already cooked. :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >