Potato and Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups water
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the water, cabbage, potatoes, bouillon, pepper and garlic. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham; heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Potato and Cabbage Soup(4)
Sort By :
This soup is quite tasty, even though I modified the recipe a bit. Instead of bouillon granules I used left over ham gravy and water saved from cooking veggies. I also used only about 4 cups of water. I sautéed garlic instead of adding minced garlic. I'd make it again.
Delicious soup, even my husband who isn't crazy about cabbage loved it!
A bit salty will use less boulionne next time.
very delicious, but will use a thickener next time to make it more filling. Goes great with croissants.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cabbage Soup >
- German Recipes >
- German Soup Recipes >